mix

mix150.com MIX150 DOWNLOAD GAMES PLAYSTATION RIP FILMS

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Select a Laptop

How you plan to use your laptop will certainly help you determine which style of laptop is best suited for your needs. Laptops were originally created for inputting text, and they functioned mainly as word processors and number crunchers. As new software programs were created and more powerful components could be built into smaller designs, users realized that laptops could do more than create documents.

My first laptop was an old IBM ThinkPad, and my sole reason for getting a laptop was so that I could take advantage of my home network and work in more comfortable locations. This IBM ThinkPad had only a 512 MB hard drive, 16 MB of RAM, and floppy drive. It worked great for my needs at the time, and it still runs.

Based on my work habits and the type of work that I do, the best laptop style to meet my needs is a desktop replacement model. I also use a MacBook, so that I can work with both the Windows environment and the Mac environment. Not everyone needs two laptops, but in some instances it may be necessary.

After you have listed the uses that you envision for a laptop, it is time to find out more about the different styles of laptops available. That way, you can make an informed decision about which laptop can help you work wherever you want with greater ease and flexibility.

Just as there are different styles of laptops available, it is important that you take time to assess your needs and what you hope to accomplish with a laptop. Doing this helps you determine which laptop style is best suited to you. Keep in mind what your budget is and what computing options you can't afford to live without.

Make a list of what you plan to do with your laptop and what things you could like to do if you had a new laptop. I make a list of what I know I will be using my laptop for and what I want to be able to use it for down the road. Understand how I will work with the laptop now.Consideration the software programs I use on a regular basis.Working with large documents on an ultra portable laptop that only has a 13.3” display is not the smartest way to work nor the most comfortable.

Comfort is another important factor to keep in mind. If you plan to travel and take your laptop with you, then you want to keep in mind the weight factor and how long you may have to carry your laptop. Other comfort features are the size of display and keyboard.

What other things would you like to be able to do with your laptop? Jot down all ideas you have:
Work with your music collection?Create video masterpieces?Store your digital photos?Now that you have decided how you'd like to use your new laptop, you can move on to learning more about the different models of laptops available in this Introduction to Laptop Models.

source from about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment